top of page
  • Writer's pictureAlex Nelson

Mobile County Public Schools summer feeding program begins August 17

Mobile, Ala. – Mobile County Public Schools will offer a Summer Feeding program from Monday, August 17, through Monday, August 31. Breakfast and lunch will be provided free of charge to any child age 18 and younger at all school cafeteria sites. Meals will be available for the whole week on Mondays from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Hot items will be prepared for Monday, and frozen meals will be provided for the remainder of the week. Meals will be served “curbside.” Students and parents should not get out of their cars. MCPSS will continue serving meals throughout the first quarter of the 2020-21 school year. Once classes officially begin on September 1, students will be required to present their lunch number in accordance with federal funding guidelines. Schools may assign your child a pick-up timeframe to coincide with his or her class schedule. In accordance, with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.   Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture  Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights  1400 Independence Avenue, SW  Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; 

Fax: (202) 690-7442 

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

bottom of page